Saturday, December 3, 2011

June 17th, 1942

Dear Juanita,

I finally received a letter from you, it seemed like ages since I had heard from you.
I wish I could receive a letter like that from you everyday. Please write as often as you can because I am always looking for a letter from you.

I was glad to hear that your party was a success. I also wish I could of been there. Maybe some day your wishes will come true at least. I will try to make them come true. I hope it won't be long before we can see each other because I know I am going to enjoy doing things for you and taking you places. I have learned to like you a lot over the short time that I have known you.

I am glad you liked the pictures. I will try to send more as time goes on. I want to thank you again for sending me that picture of yourself, it was grand. It seems like I can't stop looking at it. I will see what I can do about sending you a photograph. It is hard to get them made over here. If you keep looking at those pictures, you may get sick of them, but I hope not.
I will try to write to you as often as I can. It might be a little hard to write three times a week but if you write that often, I will do my best. My dear that would be grand to hear from you that often.

I was glad to hear that you and Marceline got along so well. You have probably hear that she has always been the apple of my eye. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for her and Jerry.

I can't think of anymore to write so i will close hoping to hear from you real soon.

Gilbert

P.S. your letter was dated June 7th.

(Marceline is my great Aunt Marce and Jerry is her husband, Gerald Daley.)

No comments:

Post a Comment