Saturday, December 3, 2011

May 3rd, 1942

Note: there are some gaps between days of my grandmother actually receiving the letters, but my grandfather wrote her everyday he could.


Dear Juanita,

I received your letter that you wrote April 12th a few days ago. I am sorry that i could not answer it sooner but i was very busy. I had been very busy the last two nights and i didn't have any time to do any writing.

It is grand here and it is probably everything you have ever heard about it. I am sorry but we are not allowed to go into detail about the islands.

Those pictures of the farm were very nice and so were those feathers of the peacock. That was the first time i had ever seen any of those feathers. I sure will come to Carsonville when i get back. You and Mrs. Daley have made it sound very interesting and i am sure it will be. I plan to do some hunting around there when i get back.

I will try to send you another picture in my next letter. I am having some made. I am also glad you liked the one i did send, I would like have some more pictures of you. I guess that's only way i will get to know while i am over here.

Ill close for now hoping i hear from you very soon.

Your Friend,
Gil.

(my grandfather was stationed in Hawaii and the surrounding islands right after Pearl harbor. Carsonville is the tiny town my grandmother was born and raised in and Mrs. Daley was a family friend that my grandmother spent time with.)

No comments:

Post a Comment